Our Lord Jesus said, “The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free, to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favour.” (Luke 4: 18,19)
His mission two thousand years ago is still the mission of the Christian Church today. We seek to proclaim – through words and actions – his Good News to the world.
The Rev’d Brian Lacey is our Rector. He is responsible for managing the mission and ministries of the Church in the parish. If you need spiritual or practical support during times of crisis, then please contact the Rector at firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 90777053. He can
– try to address any theological concerns or questions
– celebrate Holy Communion with you (if you are unable to come to church);
– listen to you, confidentially, and without judgement or criticism, and offer advice from a theological perspective;
– anoint you with oil, and/or lay hands upon you (in cases of extreme illness);
– pray for your spiritual, physical, mental, and/or emotional healing;
– bless your home (particularly if you have recently moved);
– offers prayers of thanksgiving for the birth of a child;
– prepare candidates for baptism and/or confirmation;
– prepare couples for marriage;
– spiritually prepare the terminally ill for death;
– arrange funerals, including discussing in advance your wishes concerning your own funeral arrangements;
– help you to discern how you can be more involved in the ministries and activities of the parish,
Lay Pastoral Visitors
We have a team of lay visitors who routinely visit or telephone parishioners who are unable to attend church services due to illness or disability. Such visits include conversation and prayer. If you would like to become a lay visitor, or if you would like to added to the list of those who are visited, then contact Dora Hanna, our Lay Ministry Coordinator for Pastoral VIsits.
We have two Ministry Assistants: David Cromie, who is responsible for ministry to men, and Laura Lacey, who coordinates Transforming Lives for Good (TLG).