If you would like to donate products to help refugees who are fleeing the conflict in Ukraine, you can bring items to St Peter’s and we will make sure they are transported to those in need.
St Peter’s will be open to receive donations on Sundays between 9:30am – 12pm, or Wednesdays between 10am – 11:30am, but you may also telephone 90777053 or 90776706 if you would like to make a donation outside of those times (depending on availability of keyholders). Please leave your donations inside the church porch.
Items needed include:
- Blankets, bedclothes, towels, sleeping bags (clean)
- Dressings and bandages, factory packed
- Warm socks, underwear – male, female, child (new)
- Toiletries i.e. soap, shampoo, toothpaste, toothbrushes, antiseptic hand gels/sprays – Toilet roll and paper towels, nappies, sanitary towels, wet wipes
- Paper plates, cups, single-use cutlery etc
- Ready to eat canned food (not requiring heating or further cooking)
- Dry food i.e. fruits, nuts, crackers, cereals, rice crackers
- Coffee, tea, salt, sugar
- Nappies, milk powder
- Bottled water, juices, and other beverages
- Pet food
- Medical supplies (bandages, pressure bands, pain pills, aspirin, wound disinfectants)
- Battery operated torches
- PLEASE DO NOT DONATE CLOTHING
The first consignment is due to be taken on Tuesday 15th March, and every week thereafter. Initial consignments will be sent to refugees entering Poland, but we will consider other options as they become available.
We will also be fundraising to support charities, particularly those working within Ukraine. If you would like to make a contribution, please place cash or a cheque (made payable to “St Peter and St James, Belfast”) in the charity collection box (not the F.W.O. box!) at the back of the church. This money will then be allocated by the Select Vestry to various appropriate charities.